by Jackie Sue Griffin
This month HERStory celebrates its one-year anniversary. HERStory’s mission is dedicated to empowering women to share their stories while networking and uplifting one another. We are achieving that mission here on our website, where we share stories, and through our empowered tribe of HERStory Facebook group members, now 803 members strong!
From one woman to another woman, it’s been an amazing year for human connection. Our shared stories and transformational pathways have deeply connected us.
I thank you for your vulnerability and your willingness to be seen without filters.
We are teachers, preachers, researchers, business owners, CEOs/Executive Directors, evaluators, trainers, educators, doctors, therapists, social workers, mothers, grandmothers, aunties, advocates, activists, certified public accountants, lawyers, recovery coaches, counselors, etc. We are whoever we want to be. We are unstoppable. Join us!
There are many ways to become part of the HERStory movement: share your personal story as a guest blogger, build your brand (ask us how), join our private Facebook group, follow our Facebook and LinkedIn pages. We’d love to have you!
Let’s reflect on these teachable moments during the year and the life lessons shared from our Sheroes:
- Use the seasons as your spiritual guide. Spring forward with a change in your daily routine. Rebirth and refresh a mission-statement, your vision toward future goals; Letting go of business practices, policies and procedures, unnecessary meetings, partnerships, relationships that are no longer beneficial.
- Celebrate Motherhood, Parenting, and Mother Earth.
- Embrace joy and adventure.
- Discover women artists.
- Recognize the Gladiator in you. Embrace self-care and health and wellness.
- Appreciate love, kindness and connection. Be open to receiving love and accept help from others.
- Honor a Shero. Consider a tribute or a memorial in honor of a woman, leaving a living legacy or memorializing great works.
- Gratitude matters. A good life builds on gratitude. Remember to write personal thank you cards to your volunteers, or employees. Write a thank you to a homeless woman for her resilience and survival against all odds.
- Eat, live and fellowship. Seek out female-led culinary businesses. Use their catering services or promote their brand. Or, open your restaurant. Start your catering business.
- Explore business practices through the lens of servant leadership and empowerment. Invite service-learning interns, social entrepreneurs and mentors into your business or nonprofit.
- Unplug. Recognize the need to take interim breaks from social media. Be aware of how social media may contribute to depression or post-secondary trauma.
- Believe. You can change things. Reconnect. Jump in! Explore your passion and purpose.
- Celebrate your volunteer workforce. Seek out the best-practices in volunteer appreciation and retention.
- Consider hosting a cultural competency service-learning workshop in empathic leadership and compassion.
Thank you for taking this journey alongside us! We look forward to what the second year of HERStory brings!
We want to hear your story. Your story is my story. Help us empower other women by sharing your story.